Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Brands Hatch BTCC By Craig Styles
Blistering heat conditions ,massive crowd and a fantastic 80s Grand prix Circuit for the MSA Dunlop British Touring Cars to race on - what could be better?
I have been lucky enough to cover 2011 season for Newsquest and I have seen some fantastic driving this year.
Plato points the car and it turns and dances when it wants to - brilliant control.
Jason won two out of the three races at Brands Hatch with Matt Neal winning the last race.
Great track conditions, just shows how well balanced the RML Chevrolet is with Plato at the helm.
Standings: 2011 Dunlop BTCC Drivers’ Points after Brands Hatch (round 9 of 10): 1. Matt Neal, 225 points 2. Jason Plato & Gordon Shedden, 220 4. Mat Jackson, 189 5. James Nash, 181 6. Andrew Jordan, 127 7. Tom Chilton, 116 8. Robert Collard, 105 9. Paul O’Neill, 91 10. Alex MacDowall, 84 Manufacturers/Constructors’ Points: 1. Honda/Dynamics, 556 2. Chevrolet/RML, 463 3. Arena/Ford, 383 HiQ Teams’ Points: 1. Honda Racing Team, 406 2. Silverline Chevrolet, 273 3. Airwaves Racing & 888 Racing with Collins Contractors, 183 5. WSR, 153 6. Team Aon, 150 Independent Drivers’ Points: 1. James Nash, 253 2. Mat Jackson, 236 3. Andrew Jordan, 181 4. Tom Chilton, 174 5. Robert Collard, 151 6. Paul O’Neill, 144 Independent Teams’ Points: 1. 888 Racing with Collins Contractors, 268 2. Airwaves Racing, 253 3. WSR, 212 4. Team Aon, 208 5. Pirtek Racing, 197 6. GoMobileUK.com with tech-speed, 168
In this section
- McLaren And Honda Join Forces By Craig Styles
- Barcelona Formula 1 Testing Round Up By Craig Styles
- Sahara Force India Launch By Craig Styles
- Autosport 2013 By Craig Styles
- Brazil Grand Prix By Craig Styles
- BBC Top Gear Live By Craig Styles
- Lewis Hamilton Leaves Mclaren By Craig Styles
- Rockingham 2012 BTCC By Craig Styles
- Goodwood Revival 2012 By Craig Styles
- British Grand Prix By Craig Styles