Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Force India Launch By Craig Styles
A cold February morning at the Silverstone circuit in Northampton in anticipation for the revelling of the new Force India Formula 1 car the VMJ05.
The car was built under the direction of Technical Director Andrew Green.
As with all the Formula 1 teams down the pit lane they have built their new cars under the new 2012 FIA regulations, the major change that you will see on most of the new cars is the front nose section which has to be a maximum of 550mm high.
Blown exhaust diffusers are now banned this season but from what I have seen I think there will be a lot of clever parts used to get around the rules.
Paul di Resta had the pleasure of running the first laps in the car at Silverstone which all media was great full of some F1 V8 music at last.
Speaking to Martin Brundle he was surprised how well the first shakedown of the new car was going.
I’m pretty sure that the Force India Team will improve this year with Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg giving other teams a run for their money, Mercedes engines and Kers and Gearbox supplied by McLaren - I wouldn’t want more in any F1 team.
In this section
- McLaren And Honda Join Forces By Craig Styles
- Barcelona Formula 1 Testing Round Up By Craig Styles
- Sahara Force India Launch By Craig Styles
- Autosport 2013 By Craig Styles
- Brazil Grand Prix By Craig Styles
- BBC Top Gear Live By Craig Styles
- Lewis Hamilton Leaves Mclaren By Craig Styles
- Rockingham 2012 BTCC By Craig Styles
- Goodwood Revival 2012 By Craig Styles
- British Grand Prix By Craig Styles