Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
World Superbikes Donington Park 2012 By Craig Styles
World Super Bikes arrive at Donington Park for the European Round of the FIM World Championship.
With Excellent weather all weekend and the hope of some British riders on the podium we were not disappointed.
BMW’s looking strong for most of the practice sessions we were in for some fantastic racing this weekend.
The Donington Park Circuit Held the First Ever FIM Superbike World Championship event back in 1998 which saw British Rider Rodger Burnett take pole position, a truly Bikers track but nobody can forget the Great Ayrton Senna four wheel F1 win in 1993.
With such a great atmosphere all weekend it made Donington a fantastic place to watch World Superbikes.
Race 1 was a fantastic result for the Brits with Leon Haslam and Tom Sykes taking second and third but the winner was the Italian Marco Melandri with his superb BMW machine.
The last race of the day was brilliant Jonathan Rea taking the chequered flag for his Honda team followed by Max Biaggi and his second time on the podium this weekend for third place rider Tom Sykes.
Great Weekend lots of action superb venue for World Super Bikes next round is at Miller in USA on May 28th.
In this section
- McLaren And Honda Join Forces By Craig Styles
- Barcelona Formula 1 Testing Round Up By Craig Styles
- Sahara Force India Launch By Craig Styles
- Autosport 2013 By Craig Styles
- Brazil Grand Prix By Craig Styles
- BBC Top Gear Live By Craig Styles
- Lewis Hamilton Leaves Mclaren By Craig Styles
- Rockingham 2012 BTCC By Craig Styles
- Goodwood Revival 2012 By Craig Styles
- British Grand Prix By Craig Styles