Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Stourbridge (House of Commons)
Ms Margot James MP (Conservative)
Surgery: 15-17 Lawn Avenue
Surgery Tel: 020 7219 7226
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 5,164 Born - 1958. Partner (Jay).
Education - School in Leamington Spa. Millfield School in Somerset. London School of Economics (LSE) (Economics and Government).
Previous Occupation - As a student she worked as a researcher for Sir Anthony Durant MP. Worked in the press office of Conservative Central Office in her gap year. Worked for Maurice James Industries (MJI) (family haulage, waste management, engineering and property business in the West Midlands) in sales and marketing. Employed by a consulting firm. Co-founded her own company, Shire Health, a PR and medical education business (1986) which was later sold to the WPP Group, becoming Head of European Healthcare for WPPs advertising agency Ogilvy & Mather. She has also worked as a Mental Health Manager
Personal Overview - Gained career experience working for her family business, before setting up and later selling her own consultancy and has specialised in advising pharmaceutical companies on communications strategies, even being asked to give evidence to a 2005 Select Committee enquiry into the influence of the Pharmaceutical Industry. Within the Conservative Party she was made a Vice Chairman for Women's issues in 2005 and also formed the Women's Policy Group, chaired by Eleanor Laing MP and has contributed to the Conservative Party policy review process. She has also been involved in some voluntary work, including being a former Trustee of Abantu, an African womens charity (for 10 years), training women from different African countries in communications and lobbying.
Political History - Former Councillor, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, holding the post of 'Older Peoples Champion'. Vice Chairman of the Conservative Party for women's issues (2005). General Election candidate for Holborn & St Pancras (2005). MP Stourbridge (2010-). Member of the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2010-12). PPS to Lord Green of Hurstpierpoint, Minister of State for Trade and Investment (2012-).
Characteristics - Former board member of Parkside NHS Trust (for 4 years) and work for the Greater London Forum for Older People. Won the Communicator of the Year award in 1997. Has been a mentor for the Princes Trust and Young Enterprise. She owns a dog.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Ms Margot James MP (Conservative) on Twitter
Bromsgrove Advertiser has no responsibility or control over the content on external blogging sites, but you can contact us if you have a complaint.
Interests: Women's Issues,Health,Pharmaceutical Industry
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for State Boarding Schools (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary City Regions Transport Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for East Asian Business (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Entrepreneurship (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for European Reform (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Further Education, Skills and Lifelong Learning (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Female Genital Mutilation (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Hockey (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Home Safety Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hospice and Palliative Care (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Housing and Care for Older People (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Human Trafficking (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Combating Metal Theft (Vice Chairman)
- Patient and Public Involvement in Health and Social Care Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Pharmacy (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Care and Public Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Small Business Group (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Social Enterprise (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Trade and Investment (Chairman)
- United Nations Women Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women's Sport and Fitness (Member)
West Midlands (European Parliament)
Ms Anthea McIntyre MEP (Conservative)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 29/06/1954 Married (to Frank Myers MBE).
Education - Queens College.
Previous Occupation - Joined MCP Systems consultants as a trainee (1985). Partner in MCP Consultants (1991-), an independent consultancy specialising in business intelligence systems. Partner in Wythall Estate, a family small-holding enterprise.
Personal Overview - An experienced political campaigner who entered the European Parliament in December 2011 after an additional UK seat had been created following the Lisbon Treaty. She had previously stood for election to the European Parliament in 2009 She has a successful business background and has managed large international projects for large companies such as IBM, 3M and GEC in the UK and Europe. Was notable as being the youngest County Councillor in England in 1977 when elected to Hereford and Worcester County Council. She has also been an Ambassador for the Federation of Small Business Real Life Entrepreneur Campaign and is a former FSB County Secretary.
Political History - Councillor, Hereford and Worcester County Council (1977-85). Regional Chairman of the 1999 European Election campaign. General Election Candidate for Warley West (1983), Redditch (1997), Shrewsbury and Atcham (2001). MEP West Midlands Region (2011-). Conservative Employment Spokesman (2012-).
Other Information - Won the European Woman of Achievement Award for Business. Has been Chair of the Herefordshire Conservative Business Forum She is a Sunday School Teacher. Her family have lived in Wythall in Herefordshire since 1520. She has an interest in wildlife photography.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45106
Interests: Business & Finance,Agriculture
- Agriculture & Rural Development (Substitute)
- Civil Liberties, Justice & Home Affairs (Member)
- Employment & Social Affairs (Substitute)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org