Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Electric blankets fail safety checks at Bromsgrove event
8:20am Friday 8th February 2013 in News
ELECTRIC blanket testing sessions held in Bromsgrove revealed more than a third being used on people’s beds were unsafe.
The safety testing session was part of a multi-agency event held at Amphlett Hall in Crown Close on January 28.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) checked 62 blankets, and 22 were found to be defective in one way or another.
Replacement blankets were offered for those found to be unsafe.
Caroline Webster, from HWFRS, said: “It’s reassuring to know that the blankets we saw with loose leads, exposed wires will no longer be used on people’s beds.
“We would urge anyone who was not able to make it along to the safety testing session to take a few moments to inspect their own electric blankets and to discontinue use if they notice any signs of wear and tear.”