Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Winners crowned in first British Muslim Awards
8:10am Friday 1st February 2013 in Business Daily
THE first British Muslim Awards, held in Manchester, have honoured the success and achievements of Britain’s Muslim individuals, groups and business people.
Irfan Younis, business development manager for event organisers, Oceanic Consulting, said: “We have some truly inspirational individuals who are proud to be Muslim and British and this is the first time their efforts and achievements are being recognised in such a public way.”
The awards were presented by Tasmina Ahmed Sheikh of Hamilton Burns Solicitors and co-hosted by entrepreneur and philanthropist Zulfi Hussain.
As well as recognising the achievements of Muslim men and women at the forefront of their communities and industries, the event also raised money for multi-cause charitable enterprise Mosaic.
Founded by the Prince of Wales in 2007, Mosaic’s mentoring programmes create opportunities for young people growing up in the most deprived communities.
- Young Achiever, presented by Grafx Media: Mamuna Farooq, of DJM Solicitors
- Services to Science & Engineering presented by Mosaic: Professor Mohamed El-Gomati (University of York)
- Sevices to Law sponsored by Accounts Management Services: Nazir Afzal (CCPS)
- Services to Finance & Accounts sponsored by Euro Quality Lambs: Amin Mawji (Ernest & Young)
- Businesswoman of the Year sponsored by Tahira Foods: Farida Gibbs (Gibbs S3)
- Businessman of the Year sponsored by Tahira Foods: Aneel Musarrat (MCR Property)
- Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Islamic Bank of Britain: James Caan
- Business of the Year sponsored Islamic Bank of Britain: 99p Stores
Comments are closed on this article.