Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Olympic Torch returns to Worcestershire
7:00am Saturday 30th June 2012 in County Bulletin
Olympic Torch returns to Worcestershire... so once again be prepared With the Olympic Torch arriving back in Worcestershire at the end of the week (Sunday, July 1), Worcestershire County Council is asking potential attendees and residents to think about their plans for the day and ensure their own safety throughout the memorable occasion.
Worcestershire County Council has issued the following advice: • Safety of yourself and your family is your responsibility.
• Try and watch the relay as near to your home, school or place of work as possible to avoid unnecessary journeys.
• DO NOT run out in front of or alongside the Torch.
• No parking on the Torch route.
• View from the pavement which is on the passenger door side of the convoy.
• Freebies will be given out by sponsors on the passenger door side of the convoy so stay there to stay safe and potentially receive a gift.
• On the day tune in to local radio and follow on twitter #torchrelayworcs to enjoy the Torch Relay and stay safe!
Although no roads will be fully closed while the torch is passing through, residents are reminded that there is likely to be increased traffic on the road which might be moving at a slower speed, so allow plenty of time for any journey, park sensibly and legally, use public transport where possible and listen to local radio for regular updates.
Some bus timetables and school transport may be running at slightly amended timetable so residents are advised to check www.worcestershire.gov.uk/travelnews or contact the operator before travelling. For more information on the route and full traffic order visit www.worcestershire.gov.uk/olympic-torch-relay The streets along the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay, which can be viewed in full at: www.london2012.com/olympictorchrelay, this website gives street-by-street details and proposed start times for when the Olympic Flame will travel through Worcestershire.