Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
FLOODS: Multiple warnings issued for Upton
MULTIPLE flood warnings have been issued for the River Severn in Upton.
The Environment Agency issued the warning for East Waterside, Hanley Road and Rectory Road this morning, predicting a peak of up to 5.25m tomorrow morning.
Properties in Rectory Road and Uckington are likely to be affected, as is the B4211 Malvern Road.
Flood warnings advising residents to take immediate action have also been issued for:
- The River Severn at Hanley Castle, Saxons Lodge, Clifton, Severn Stoke and Clevelode. Expected to peak tomorrow morning.
- The River Severn at the Diglis area of Worcester, expected to peak on Thursday afternoon. Hood Street and Quay Street are expected to be affected.
- The River Severn at Kempsey, Court Meadow and Callow End. Expected to peak tomorrow afternoon.
- The River Avon at Evesham, Bredon, Strensham, Pershore, Wick, Wyre Piddle and Twyning. Expected to have peaked during the night.
Flood alerts warning of the possibility of flooding have been issued for:
- The River Severn from Salford Priors to Tewkesbury, encompassing Evesham and Bredon, expected to have peaked overnight and this morning. Low-lying areas of farmland and caravan parks between Evesham and Tewkesbury as well as the B4080 at Eckington.
- Barbourne Brook in Worcester, which peaked yesterday morning.
- Bow and Piddle Brook at Besford Bridge, near Pershore, which peaked yesterday afternoon.
For full details of flood warnings issued by the Environment Agency click here.
Comments are closed on this article.