Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Make-up trends for 2014
8:30am Sunday 26th January 2014 in Local
IF you are someone who keeps an eye on the catwalks you may have noticed a few key looks appearing time and time again. JAMIE ROSS finds out more about the make-up trends for 2014
Some striking, others more subtle, there are a handful of emerging looks you need to get to grips with to ensure you remain the height of fashion.
Beauty therapist and professional make-up artist Kirsty Henderson makes it her business to know what is coming up in the world of fashion to ensure she stays one step ahead.
Frequently spotted on models and celebrities the ‘no make-up’ look is something most women would like to perfect.
It’s also a look that Kirsty, who runs Beauty at the Courtyard in Malvern, is well rehearsed at.
Getting it right should see you breeze through this year looking flawless and, of course, bang on trend so Kirsty offers some tips on a start to finish beauty regime.
PREPPING THE SKIN
- Cleansing: You should be cleansing at night to remove the day, and again in the morning to cleanse away last night's treatments and other grime from your skin.
- Exfoliate: You will really notice a big difference when you have exfoliated. Do this once a week to buff away any impurities and to brighten the skin. Use something that contains natural micro-beads as these won't scratch or feel too harsh.
- To finish, use a good moisturiser to eradicate any dry patches and control the oil levels in your skin throughout the day.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
There are a few tools you can use for the brightening effect:
- bareMinerals Brightening Prime Time is the first product you can use to instantly brighten up the skin.
This primer adds a healthy looking glow, while smoothing any dryness, excess oil, enlarged pores and uneven texture. Pop this on after your moisturiser.
- Then comes foundation. bareMinerals Original Foundation has light reflecting particles in them to give you that healthy glow. Buff the foundation into your skin for flawless skin that lasts all day.
It also has SPF15 so you can be rest assured that you are protecting your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Highlighters are a key product to achieve glowing skin. bareMinerals Stoke of Light Highlighter is incredible.
Pop this on the high points of your face - brow bone, underneath your eyes to eliminate any dark circles, along your nose, cupids bow and your chin.
This gives your face more structure as it has highlighted the high points of your face. Blend with a brush as well - this provides more coverage.
Another great product is Benefit Watts Up Highlighter - this works in a different way from Stroke of Light as it creates a 'dewey' effect on the skin. Apply on your cheek bones and blend with your finger.
- To finish off, pop some bronzer on your cheeks to contour your face. Contouring is where you want to create a 'shadow' effect in the hollows of your cheek bones to define your face, as well as giving you that glowing skin.
I love bareMinerals Warmth All-Over as this does the job perfectly.
Have happier and healthier skin with a monthly facial. Whether you suffer with open pores, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles - facials can help with all of that as well as guarantee no interruptions for the duration of the facial - pure bliss.
I do a number of different facials using the brand Caudalie, the number one natural skincare company in France at the moment.
They have a number of products that help with dryness, de-hydration, oiliness, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as people with pigmentation - something for everyone!
For more information on the latest trends, drop in to Beauty at the Courtyard in Belle Vue Terrace, call 01684 575633 or visit malvernbeauty.co.uk.
bareMinerals Brightening Prime Time – £19
bareMinerals Original Foundation – £25
bareMinerals Stoke of Light Highlighter – £22
bareMinerals Warmth All – Over £19
Benefit Watts Up Highlighter – £24.50
:: Most bareMinerals products are available to but at Beauty at the Courtyard.
OTHER TRENDS TO LOOK OUT FOR
Pastels: Sitting perfectly with the natural skin look, soft berry lips or a pastel wash over eyelids and lips look a popular choice for 2014.
Citrus: For the brave, bright orange lipstick was seen on many catwalks and really makes a statement.
Fine lines: Eyeliners at the ready, statement peepers are set to continue. Think cat eyes, inky liner and smudgy edges.
Shine: White eyeshadow and eyeliner as well as iridescent make-up will make you stand out from the crowd.
Comments are closed on this article.