Bromsgrove man died as a result of an accident

First published in Local
Last updated

A CORONER has ruled a Bromsgrove man died as a result of an accident when a fire broke out in his home.

Kelvin David Curtis, 46, of Bishop Hall Crescent, used a disposable barbecue to cook food in his bedroom on January 7.

Following the incident, Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service reported it was a severe fire that damaged sections of the first floor and roof of the property.

His inquest, held on Wednesday, April 30, heard that the smoke generated from the fire caused Mr Curtis' death.

The Worcestershire Coroner recorded a verdict that the Charford man died as a result of an accident.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree