The Buildbase FA Vase second round

Sporting Khalsa 0 - 1 Bromsgrove Sporting  

After under performing the week before against Highgate United, Bromsgrove Sporting bounced back in style to record a dramatic win in their first match of this year's FA Vase writes Phil Baker.

Sporting Khalsa had the edge for the first part of the match pinning back their opponents and having several good chances.

As early as the 4th minute David Meese headed wide with the busy midfielder firing over the bar on 26 minutes.

Steadily the Rouslers got a grip on the game taking over in midfield and get forward themselves.

The best chance coming on 31 minutes when an Aaron Roberts cross took a deflection and bounced off the bar.

Moments later there were loud appeals for a handball in the Khalsa box but referee Mr Hall had a good view and ruled no foul.

The final chance of the half came in the last minute when Craig Bannister's free-kick should have been converted by Mykel Beckley with Khalsa leaving the pitch disappointed that they were not a goal up.

The first half had been low tempo with much of the action in the middle of the park but after the break the home side attempted to force the pace with a more direct style of play.

Liam Holt made Reece Francis in the Sporting goal parry a fierce shot with two minutes of the half gone and Bannister's free-kick hit the bar 12 minutes later.

However the game's dynamics totally changed on the 70th minute with a move most Premiership clubs would have been proud of.

Jack Wilson sent a beautifully flighted pass out to John Pykett on the right wing who used his pace to get close to the by-line before sending over an inch-perfect cross to Jason Cowley at the far post who with a small leap nodded home.

Ten minutes later, more drama as Marvin Nisbett was upended by Reece Hewitt in the Sporting box earning the midfielder a yellow card and conceding a penalty.

Craig Jones told his keeper to dive left but Francis ignored his captain's orders and dived right saving David Meese's well-taken low drive one-handed.

Working on the policy of attack being the best form of defence, Sporting managed to keep the ball in the Khalsa half for most of the remaining time giving the home side few opportunities to level proceedings.

Mr Hall finally blew for full-time with four added minutes on the clock and hardly surprising much celebration from the away dugout and from the 200 or so travelling fans.

Bromsgrove Sporting: Reece Francis, Aaron Roberts, Jack Wilson, Max Loveridge Craig Jones (Capt), Danny Morris, Connor Deards (Wade Malley 61 mins), Liam Spink, Jason Cowley, John Pykett. Reece Hewitt.

Substitutes not used: Josh Quaynor, Sean Brain, Joe Ward, Brendon Bunn.

Goal: Jason Cowley (70 mins) Cards: Craig Jones (59 mins), Max Love ridge (71 mins), Reece Hewitt (80 mins), Liam Spink (87 mins) Sporting Khalsa: Sam Arnold, Carlo Franco, Luke Adam (Rikardo Reid 74 mins), Leon Miles, Tesfa Robinson (Capt), Liam Holt, David Meese, Mykel Beckley, Marvin Nisbett (Lewis McPike 87 mins), Craig Bannister (Shawn Boothe 85 mins).

Substitutes not used: Christian McHenry, Jonathan Haynes Yellow: Shawn Boothe (90+1 mins) Referee: Mr A Hall (Wolverhampton) Assistants: Mr A Sharma (Wolverhampton), Mr J Nelson (Wolverhampton).

Crowd: 307 Weather: Cool, dry Sporting Man of the Match: Jack Wilson.