Burnham 3 Bromsgrove Rovers 0

Bromsgrove Rovers were comprehensively beaten at the Gore after conceding goals at the start of either half.

Denis Fenemore capitalised on poor defending to grab a brace and Ross Lafayette grabbed one in between Fenemore's strikes.

Bromsgrove never got out the starting blocks and after three minutes found themselves a goal down. Fenemore was allowed time and space on the edge of the area to pick his spot past Karl Lewis before anyone reacted to close him down.

Rovers rallied from the set back Josh McKenzie sent a header just over from Cameron Jones's right wing cross in the 6th minute.

In the 13th minute Shane Maydew met Kevin Banner's free-kick but Lafayette was on the post to head clear off the line.

Burnham had a second goal disallowed in the 24th minute after Ryan Bird headed home at the far post but the referee spotted a foul on goalkeeper Lewis in the build up.

Ten minutes later another defensive mix up allowed Burnham to double their advantage after failing to clear a left wing corner Lafayette stooped to head the ball home from inside the six yard area inches from the ground.

Lewis stopped Rovers falling further behind in the 39th minute after turning William Dunlop's powerful drive over the angle of post and bar after the big centre-half found himself in the clear.

Straight from the kick-off Rovers again failed to switch on and conceded again, Bird got past the defense and got to the by-line his cross found Fenemore un-marked and he had the easiest of chances to slot the ball past Lewis to put the game beyond The Greens.

Gavin Winsper saw his near post header just clear the Burnham crossbar from Kevin Banner's free-kick in the 50th minute.

Three minutes later Alex Woodhouse fired an effort straight into Paul McCarthy's arms after good play on the edge of the area.

Fennemore had a chance to claim a hat-trick in the 56th minute, after robbing Winsper on the half-way line he raced towards the Rovers goal but Winsper chased back forcing Fenemore to shoot weakly at Lewis.

Rovers were making good approach work up to the edge of the Burnham Area but the final ball into the strikers lack quality and the chances were lost.

On 76 minutes Danny Campbell saw his effort clear the Burnham crossbar from the edge of the area.

Burnham substitute Jordan Dowdican sent a header straight at Lewis from a Dave Tilbury right wing cross on 80 minutes.

Minutes later Dowdican was denied by a timely tackle from Banner as the striker was about to pull the trigger.

Gary Ray had the last effort of the game but could not keep his effort from clearing the crossbar as Burnham only allowed long range shots at their goal and ran out easy winners.

Rovers: K. Lewis, Maydew, Winsper,Gill,Ravenhill, A. Woodhouse, Jones, Scheppel, McKenzie, Campbell, Banner.

Subs: Walters (for Maydew 66); Ray (for Winsper 72); Connolly (for Ravenhill 61) Subs Unused: Street; L. Findley.

Referee: Mr R James