MORE details on the case of a man who admits to damaging a hospital toilet have been heard at Worcester Magistrates Court.

We previously reported Michael Sefton, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to damaging an NHS A&E cubicle at Worcestershire Royal Hospital on Sunday, May 1, but denies racially aggravated assault and indecent exposure - said to have taken place the same day at the hospital.

A bail application was heard with prosecutor Karen Cockitt revealing more on the offences Sefton, formerly of Little Priest Lane, Pershore, is facing. 

Bromsgrove Advertiser: COURT: Michael SeftonCOURT: Michael Sefton

Miss Cockitt told magistrates that, having been released under investigation on other offences, Sefton had been to the hospital to seek treatment.

"He hadn't being formally discharged, was asking to leave, and became aggressive with nurses," Miss Cockitt said.

"They alerted a security guard, Daiel Fonsecca. Mr Fonsecca tried to calm him."

Bromsgrove Advertiser: COURT: Worcester Magistrates CourtCOURT: Worcester Magistrates Court

She then read out the racist language Sefton is alleged to have used against the guard, and said it was also alleged he spat at the victim.

The prosecutor said Sefton is accused of masturbating in the cubicle before damaging it, leading to the other charge.

But Harmail Gill, defending, said: "The matters are denied, he disputes spitting (at the guard)," Mr Gill said.

"He is a gentleman that ought to be entitled to bail."

Sefton, who appeared via videolink from HMP Hewell, was told he was to be given bail by Kieran O'Donnell, chairman of magistrates bench.

The chairman added that he hoped Sefton, who is currently homeless, would be housed quickly.

Michael Sefton thanks magistrates for granting bail

Sefton was told the bail was conditional, requiring him not to contact directly or indirectly Mr Fonsecca, not to contact a nurse at the hospital, and not to attend the hospital unless in a medical emergency.

At the end of the hearing Sefton thanked the magistrates adding: "It has been a shock to the system all this."

A trial for racially aggravated assault and indecent exposure has been scheduled for Monday, June 13.