SALE Sharks ran in four second-half tries as they came from behind at half-time to beat Worcester Warriors on Steve Diamond's return to his old club.

Worcester led 12-10 at the break thanks to scores from Tom Howe and Niall Annett but the hosts proved too good in the second-half with tries from Aaron Reed, Manu Tuilagi, Curtis Langdon and Rohan JV Rensburg securing an eventual comfortable win as their good form continues.

A yellow card to Perry Humphreys at 17-12 in the 55th minute proved costly as Sale crossed twice whilst a man up to essentially seal the deal.

It means Worcester's search for an away win in the Premiership stretches to 17 months.

After 10 years as Director of Rugby and over 300 appearances for Sale, Diamond arrived at the AJ Bell for the first time in the away dressing room with his Worcester side.

Perry Humphreys led Warriors out on his 100th cap but only two minutes into the game sale took the lead when a lineout in the 22 provided the platform for full-back Sam James to break through and cross for the opening score. 

It looked like it was going to be a long afternoon but the hosts were giving away penalty after penalty and in the 15th minute another illegal infringement saw Worcester kick into the Sale 22 and after a few phases they worked winger Tom Howe into a gap to score. 

Fin Smith's conversion was good and the visitors head the lead. 

Sale's second try came out of nowhere seven minutes later as the impressive AJ MacGinty fielded a kick from Gareth Simpson before breaking a few tackles and sprinting clear into the Worcester half before chipping ahead for winger Aaron Reed to beat Humphreys and dot down. 

MacGinty wasn't able to convert either of the tries so the score was only 10-7 but Warriors would take the lead before the break when faf de Klerk's clearing kick from his 22 was charged down by centurion Humphreys and hooker Annett dived on the loose ball to score. 

Half-time: Sale 10 Worcester 12 

Playing into the wind in the second-half was always going to prove difficult for Worcester and from the kick-off they struggled to effectively deal with the conditions and Sale profited.

Sale had thought they had scored through James once more in the corner but a TMO check brought play back for a Worcester scrum in the 47th minute.

But the relief was short lived for the away side as from the scrum, they failed to kick the ball out of play and Sale came back and centre Tuilagi crossed from close range to re-take the lead.

Then came the telling moment of the game as Reed kicked ahead to chase deep in the Worcester half and Humphreys, cynically, pulled him down off the ball and referee Karl Dickson rightly sent him to the bin.

Sale kicked to touch and then sfrom the lineout hooker Langdon scored for the bonus-point try.

A man up, the hosts did not waste any time in scoring another as fly-half MacGinty chipped over the Worcester backline for Reed to collect and snipe his way over. 

Sale were rampant and being able to bring on players like England's Raffi Quirke and Rohan JV Rensburg off the bench compounded Worcester's misery.

And the final try was scored by one of those replacements as MacGinty was once more instrumental as his chip and chase saw JV Rensburg storm clear under the posts for the sixth.