WORCESTER Warriors produced a commendable second-half display as they scored four tries to earn themselves a bonus-point in a heavy defeat to Bath on Saturday afternoon.

It was a disastrous opening forty minutes for Worcester as Bath scored six tries, including a brace from winger Will Muir, in a ruthless performance that stunned the young and inexperienced Worcester squad.

There were ten changes to the side that lost so narrowly to London Irish last weekend as Worcester named 11 academy graduates in the starting 15 and it showed in the first half as they struggled to keep up with a rampant Bath side who scored at will through Muir, Tom Dunn, Zach Mercer, Ben Spencer and Max Clark.

At 40-0, the visitors could have folded but they came out and responded with an encouraging second forty, scoring through Joe Batley, a Perry Humphreys double and substitute prop Ethan Waller.

Bath took the lead after just 90 seconds when Wil Muir scored in the corner and that was quickly followed by Tom Dunn crossing from close range as the Bath forwards asserted their dominance.

Zach Mercer benefitted from more powerful work upfront on 18 minutes and the bonus-point try was secured just after the first quarter as Muir dances his way around Humphreys and Ashton to score a brilliant solo try.

Ben Spencer added a fifth shortly before a nasty looking head injury to Nick David, which looked to have been as a result of a high shot from Sam Underhill, that the referee checked. David went off for an HIA but there was no punishment for the Bath flanker.

It got worse right on half-time as a fortuitous bounce of the ball enabled Max Clark to score and saw the hosts take a commanding 40-0 lead into the sheds.

The visitors produced nothing in the first half but after just a minute of the second they had their first try as Batley charged down Rhys Priestland's clearing kick before gathering and diving over the line.

Worcester were to add another five minutes later as a lovely ball from Chris Ashton enabled Perry Humphreys to score in the corner.

Bath responded on the 50th minute with another close range finish from Tom Dunn but the visitors continued to throw caution to the wind and ill-discipline from the hosts enabled them to get a foothold in the game and create some opportunities.

The replacement benches were emptied and that saw the game hit a bit of a lull before a late finish from Worcester saw them grab an unlikely bonus-point.

First, academy fly-half Fin Smith, who became the youngest ever Warrior to play in a Premiership game, produced a lovely ball out to Humphreys who was able to run in unopposed for his second of the afternoon.

The pick of the bunch was the fourth and all important try as Smith again showed his quality with a delayed short ball to the on-loan prop forward Maks van Dyk, who popped through the midfield before passing to fellow prop Ethan Waller, who put the after burners on to score under the posts and secure the try scoring bonus-point.

A brave effort from the away side, who take a point away from The Rec and into next weekend's fixture with Northampton Saints.